If you have been following my blog for some time, you will know that my absolute favourite mascara ever is the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express – Cats eyes. It stays all day, hardly ever smudges, the wand is fantastic and gets every single lash and it’s so affordable.
However, Maybelline have lovingly discontinued it. Do they not know how much I love this product? I have tried to find it before it was completely gone and it’s no longer possible. I therefore had to look for an alternative, and god I have looked.
I definitely do prefer the Maybelline Colossal selection, as I feel that they make my eyelashes stand out so much! Then I came across this beauty, the Maybelline Spider effect.
Continue reading “Maybelline colossal spider effect mascara review”
Hello lovelies I hope that you are all enjoying the sunshine that was not intentional!, but seriously it’s lovely weather isn’t it!
The other week, gosh I am slow I know, I got lovingly tagged in a tweet by the fabulous Holly for this brilliant positive ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’, to celebrate positivity and happiness in a world where there is so much negativity.
I highly recommend you taking a look at Holly’s blog, she’s new to the blogging game so please go and give her a follow. Her blog is great, full of witty comments, useful advice and of course positivity.
Also, I freaking loved and I laughedat Holly’s description of my blog, as it’s so incredibly true “she writes as fast as I think and everything is pink” hahaha so true, I do not edit or plan my posts, I simply go with what comes out.
Continue reading “Sunshine Blogger Award”
We all sleep in different patterns, positions, times and all have different movements throughout your sleep, some may wake up with the slightest noise and others have heavy sleepers, but what if you couldn’t move if you heard or noise or you thought someone was in the room with you. That’s what I have had a number of times in my life.
I have done a bit of research and found that it is linked with sleep paralysis, and dear god do not google the images as its rather scary stuff – well especially if you don’t like horror movies!! Continue reading “Sleep paralysis – scary stuff”
Where I live we have a number of events throughout the spring summer seasons which celebrate living in Kent.
Rochester is known for its various festivals; sweeps, dickens, the Santa run just to make a few!
A few weeks ago we took my Nan on a day out to the sweeps festival. The sweeps festival is an annual tradition full of music, dancing (Morris dancing especially!), family friendly fun and the odd costume and psychic/witches.
Here’s just a few photos from that day. Ps how adorable is my fan!!!
Continue reading “A sunny day out”
I don’t know whether it’s me or just my age (oh god I went there), but I really am in no rush.
So many of my friends seem to be in a rush to either:
- Get married
- Have babies
- Buy houses
- Have the perfect life
- The best job
Continue reading “Just chill le fuck out”
Hello you lovely readers, I hope that you’ve had a great day in the sun!
A few days ago, I was nominated by the lovely Ella for the “one lovely blog award”, which is super super nice. Check out her blog post.
For me to pass on my happiness and love for others there are some rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and inform them
So here we go:
Continue reading “One lovely blog award”
Really strange post for me today and I’ve been putting it off for sometime, as it’s taken me quite a while to process.
Family means everything to me. My family is a small family made up of myself, my brother and my parents. On the one side of the family we are super close and the other side, like most families we simply do not talk. Family to me is not just blood but it’s who is there for you, who is there for you to pick up the pieces when you’re feeling down or when you’re celebrating.
But this post is all about my blood family, especially my nan.
Continue reading “Respect and love – tough post to write.”
Every once in awhile, we just really need to sit back, relax and take our mind elsewhere.
I definitely have those moments and still have them, where I just need to walk away. I do it at work, when I am stressed I take 5 minutes and just stand outside, look up at the sky and remember how minuscule you are in this small world of ours. I think in this quick paced environment we live in nowadays, where anyone can contact you with a press of a button, we do need to take time out for ourselves.
You will see at the top of my blog there is the menu section, if you’re ever feeling this way and just need to chill, hover over the “Chill out zone” link at the top.
What’s in the chill out zone:
Here within this little space of heaven are a number of links that I have found over the years that have really helped me relax. Anxiety attacks are bloody awful, I know. But we only have 1 body, we need to learn to love it more. (If you’re on your mobile, click the menu button on the top and you’ll get the links lovely).
- Quiet place – take a few minutes out, no music, no distractions and just focus on what you can see
- Rainy mood – I freaking love the sound of rain, so this always chills me out
- Do nothing for 2 minutes – what is says on the tin, please just use this if you need a quick fix. But if you don’t do what it says, it’ll take longer, just relax and go with it. It works
- The thoughts room – don’t know what to do with your thoughts, put them here
- Intotime – a relaxing interactive colour website
- Silk – have a play with some interactive silk
- Headspace– a great website and app to help relax and meditate
- Calm – a lovely meditation app which helps you fall asleep
- Emergency compliment – sometimes you just needa pick me up
- Liquid particles – what it says on the tin, go and play
- Stress analyst – see how it can help you!
- Cat noises – meow – for those who feel like they need a cat purring in their life
- Cute overload – hey who doesn’t love looking at cute animals!!!
- Mind UK – a great charity, available for you to talk to
- Young minds – a charity for children and adolescents
- Time to change – a list of mental health organisations that you can talk to
- Headspace – a calm environment where you can listen to chilled out relaxing techniques
- Apps for well-being and mental health – the lovely mind charity have put together a list of wonderful apps for your mobile or tablet for managing your wellbeing and mental health.
I am updating this blog post often, and I try to make sure that they all still work haha!
Go and have a look, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know
If you need to talk, please message me either on here, tweet me @loveyouandthem or email me email@example.com. Even if i help only one person, that’s great.
Hey everyone, hope you’re well. Now, I love a new affordable makeup product and for the first time in a long time I have bought a product that has so much hype around it.
The new Revolution Makeup ‘fast base’ foundation stick, had so many good reviews on Instagram and Twitter and I honestly thought I had to give it a go.
Continue reading “Revolution Makeup – ‘Fast Base’ foundation stick a real review”
I found these little quizzes via Google just to ease back in so hopefully I’ll get going again.
Let’s find out about me (when I say us I mean you haha). Oh also my personal challenge this week is to find a gif associated with each answer haha!
Continue reading “25 facts you don’t know about me”