Oh God, so so true!!! I’m a capricorn. https://thoughtcatalog.com/january-nelson/2019/06/why-you-cant-keep-a-relationship-for-long-based-on-your-zodiac-sign/
Sorry I’ve been so quiet on here lately. It’s not that I’ve had nothing to say, quite the opposite. I just havent had the oomph to do it.
I know that this blog post is incredibly similar to my last post but I’m getting there. I thought I’d give you a quick bullet point list of what’s been going on:
- Mum came out of hospital after nearly being paralysed
- My nan doesnt want to live anymore and has terminal cancer (huge thank you to all of those who tweeted me help groups)
- My gorgeous best friends little ones are growing up and I’m loving spending time with them
- Finally went out on a night out in over 1 year. Never felt so old.
- Found out whatever bite me in the leg in November last year has scarred my leg.
- Declined the opportunity to go for a job interview for a higher job role
- Having a lot of self confidence issues and really not feeling it.
- Trying online dating again but the above bullet point is really affecting it.
- Making happy memories with those who I love
- I’m really trying to learn German again and I’ve learnt that I don’t like to speak it but read and writing is fine!! Yay.
The bullet points above I know are slightly negative, but I’m getting there.
So heres a positive picture for me to focus on:
Cat – you felt amazing here and you look good.
Hope everyone is ok 💋
You may or probably may not have noticed that I have been a little quiet on here and on social media. I’ve been a little busy lately in my own life and things have just taken over.
At work, my life has been a bit hectic, I have been moving companies (back to the company that tuped us out in the first place), it’s all happened so quickly and to be honest came out of the blue. I didnt know if my job was safe and now I know that my job role is changing, but I also have the opportunity to go up in my role… but I’m hoping that I’ve got enough confidence to go for it!!
Secondly, my mum has been seriously unwell.
Last week mid Tuesday morning around about 430am I heard the phone going off and I honestly thought “wtf is happening?” And my mum was screaming in pain.
2 hours later, she was was rushed off to hospital in an ambulance and I just didnt know what was going on. She was in incredible amount of pain, couldn’t unfortunately wee and her leg was numb. The NHS have been fucking amazing.
She ended up being transferred to a London hospital and had to have an emergency operation on her back, to remove some of her spine. We later discovered that if she didnt have operation, she would have been paralysed.
I’ve been very much stressed and the idea of doing a blog post or anything I just couldn’t be arsed. I was so incredibly tired and emotionally drained.
I do have some other shut going on but thats for another blog where I literally want to moan.
So that’s my update. Lol what have you been up to?
Hey lovelies, so I have had a bit of a weird day with the fact that I had 4 hours worth of training for social media.
Now, let’s just paint a picture shall we…
I have my own:
- Twitter x2 (blog and personal)
- Instagram x2 (blog and personal)
- Degree in marketing which focussed on the entertainment industry, marketing and social media.
I know social media. I read about it a lot, I’m often on it…
often scrap that, I’m always on it. I know about it.
So today, my busy morning which I would have rather spent actually doing work consisted of me learning what I already knew. My team merged with another team in another department to work out the main company’s strategy for social media.
I sat for this amount of time, listening and being patient as to:
- What makes a tweet successful
- What is a gif
- What is a meme
- When should Twitter be used
- Why we should use photos to engage with audiences in tweets etc
I didn’t want to come across as an absolute bellend but I knew this. I was sat next to someone who is in events who bless her didn’t log into Facebook (being in events and not using Facebook is just so confusing for me!), she didn’t know what a meme was or Snapchat. Surely if you’re going to work in a big communications company these are the things you should know.
We spoke about the use of hashtags and why they bring people in etc.
Look I’m a blogger, I may not blog all the time or attend events but I bloody know how to do all of this. It was hard to not say anything without advertising my blog, as it’s personal to me but oh dear god.
There was so many things that I suggested and it was a case of them looking blank. Why are people so scared of social media? It’s the bloody future!!, it’s now!!
I’ve actually got homework to do, yes me a 30 year old, I have homework. I have to come up with 4 ways in which to promote a service i work for. I was already coming up with so many ideas and I’m so intrigued by what others are going to do. But it’s to me so intriguing how people get by without promoting their business online. They’re missing out on so much.
I am absolutely not claiming that I know everything, seo goes over my head but surely it’s common knowledge that you can add a filter to a photo to make it look better (Yes that was a thing I learned).
Have you ever had one of those days where you’re just like “WHY am I here?”
I thought I haven’t done a post in a while for those who have yet to get to know me, new followers and those who are passing by. So hello, hallo, bonjour, ola, etc (to be honest that’s as far as my language skills go!).
My name is Cat, what’s yours?
- anything highlighted is a link to a blog post of mine 💜
Here are some facts about me:
- I live in the UK
- I started this blog post to overcome some emotional issues I was faced with
- I try to see the positive in everything
- I really try to not judge others from other people’s opinions (even wrote a post about it!)
- I’m a bit of a night owl, so you’ll probably see me more prominent online late at night
- I’ve just turned 30 this year (2019) and it’s all a bit new but we will see where the year takes me
- For my job, I write online content and I’m quite strict with what I write, how I write and how words are perceived. On my blog, all of that goes out of the window
- I don’t plan my posts, I don’t read through them, I simply write how I feel and post
- I have a chill out zone on my blog, which focuses on mental health
- I will never mention any of my friends names on here, as this is my safe haven
- I have a few chronic illnesses and sometimes I like to blog about them
- My blog is pretty random, it’s usually my thoughts but sometimes I do reviews
- This lovely blog also once got featured on a clothing website and got quite a bit popular. Woke up one morning and I was like wtf has just happened to my views!!!
- I also appear on a fashion site currently for my favourite hot water bottle. Sounds strange but trust me it’s a good thing lol
- Finally, this blog is 5 years old. Have a read of my 5 year anniversary post.
- Film(s) – gosh there are quite a few, but if I had to choose it would be; The Grand Budapest Hotel, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Burlesque, Crazy Stupid Love and Chicago.
- Music – I love, George Ezra, Sam Smith (did you know Jessie Ware liked this post!!), Jessie Ware (not even saying that because of the last comment), Blue will always be my first loves, Spice Girls, Jack Garrett and Adele
- Tv – without a doubt my fave is Ru Paul’s Drag Race, then the amazing Taskmaster, I love a good crime and murder show, Sex and the city and Green Wing and Strictly come dancing
- Colour – emerald
- Number – 6
- My loves – family, friends, music, film, makeup, stationery
Love you and them
As I said, I made this blog 5 years ago to help with some counselling and it’s grown since there. I’ve now got Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram accounts associated with my online world.
Follow me on social media
Instagram – Instagram.com/loveyouandthem
Twitter – Twitter.com/loveyouandthem
Pinterest – pinterest.co.uk/loveyouandthem_
*that’s me and you getting on haha!
My favourite blog posts
I thought I’d rather a list of my fave posts I’ve done so far. They are in no order, and these are only a selection lol don’t expect you to read them all (although that would be nice – but a title may tickle your fancy):
- Know who you are and own it
- Dumplin – my review
- What I like about being female
- It’s okay to cry sometimes you know
- Sleep paralysis – scary stuff
- Respect and love – a tough post to write
- Chill out zone
- Day 8 blogging challenge – someone you miss
- Day 3 blogging challenge – body confidence
- You’ve got this girl
- Judge judge body image judge judge be you
- Why Strictly Come Dancing is the best tv show
- Warm, comforting and the best remedy for chronic pain – the Yuyu bottle
- My dad, my hero
- Scars are individual lines of our own storybook
- One night can change your family
- Jealousy is a horrible trait girls
- Don’t be afraid to leave him
- Why X Factor series 6 was the best
- Proud to be a woman, don’t hate
- 90s little girl memories
As you can see there is a huge range of discussions going on, but if you can check out just one it would be appreciated.
Anyway, as I said I’m a night owl and it’s currently nearly 3am and I’m up at 7am. So talk to you soon and:
Happy New year!! How rude of me not to say happy New year, I hope that you either had a fun filled evening out dancing the night away, or like me you were slumped infront of the tv, drowning in pink gin!
The new year is always a bit weird for me, and I’m sure anyone born between mid December and mid January. You seem to have everything in the space of 2 weeks and it’s just a bit chaotic.
I was meant to be born on Christmas day, however I was slightly late (I was setting myself up for my traits later in life) and was born on the 5th Jan. The number 1 of the type was Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan with the classic “especially for you” – go on have a sing song. With this in mind, being 1989 the year I turned the beautiful age of 30.
A lot of my friends are already 30 and they do say it’s the best years of your life coming up, so I’m trying to see the positive side of it, instead of the impending doom of “you have literally not got your shit together”.
So the day arrives and I’m getting quite a few amazing messages from my friends and family. It’s so lovely to hear what people actually think of you, and they have taken the time to write out a message for you. Which is worth a lot in my eyes. The day itself, I wasn’t expecting much as my family we either do birthdays big or just small family affairs.