hi all. Sorry I’ve been so quiet on here lately. It’s not that I’ve had nothing to say, quite the opposite. I just havent had the oomph to do it. I know that this blog… More
I thought I haven’t done a post in a while for those who have yet to get to know me, new followers and those who are passing by. So hello, hallo, bonjour, ola, etc (to be honest that’s as far as my language skills go!).
My name is Cat, what’s yours?
- anything highlighted is a link to a blog post of mine 💜
Here are some facts about me:
- I live in the UK
- I started this blog post to overcome some emotional issues I was faced with
- I try to see the positive in everything
- I really try to not judge others from other people’s opinions (even wrote a post about it!)
- I’m a bit of a night owl, so you’ll probably see me more prominent online late at night
- I’ve just turned 30 this year (2019) and it’s all a bit new but we will see where the year takes me
- For my job, I write online content and I’m quite strict with what I write, how I write and how words are perceived. On my blog, all of that goes out of the window
- I don’t plan my posts, I don’t read through them, I simply write how I feel and post
- I have a chill out zone on my blog, which focuses on mental health
- I will never mention any of my friends names on here, as this is my safe haven
- I have a few chronic illnesses and sometimes I like to blog about them
- My blog is pretty random, it’s usually my thoughts but sometimes I do reviews
- This lovely blog also once got featured on a clothing website and got quite a bit popular. Woke up one morning and I was like wtf has just happened to my views!!!
- I also appear on a fashion site currently for my favourite hot water bottle. Sounds strange but trust me it’s a good thing lol
- Finally, this blog is 5 years old. Have a read of my 5 year anniversary post.
- Film(s) – gosh there are quite a few, but if I had to choose it would be; The Grand Budapest Hotel, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Burlesque, Crazy Stupid Love and Chicago.
- Music – I love, George Ezra, Sam Smith (did you know Jessie Ware liked this post!!), Jessie Ware (not even saying that because of the last comment), Blue will always be my first loves, Spice Girls, Jack Garrett and Adele
- Tv – without a doubt my fave is Ru Paul’s Drag Race, then the amazing Taskmaster, I love a good crime and murder show, Sex and the city and Green Wing and Strictly come dancing
- Colour – emerald
- Number – 6
- My loves – family, friends, music, film, makeup, stationery
Love you and them
As I said, I made this blog 5 years ago to help with some counselling and it’s grown since there. I’ve now got Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram accounts associated with my online world.
Follow me on social media
Instagram – Instagram.com/loveyouandthem
Twitter – Twitter.com/loveyouandthem
Pinterest – pinterest.co.uk/loveyouandthem_
*that’s me and you getting on haha!
My favourite blog posts
I thought I’d rather a list of my fave posts I’ve done so far. They are in no order, and these are only a selection lol don’t expect you to read them all (although that would be nice – but a title may tickle your fancy):
- Know who you are and own it
- Dumplin – my review
- What I like about being female
- It’s okay to cry sometimes you know
- Sleep paralysis – scary stuff
- Respect and love – a tough post to write
- Chill out zone
- Day 8 blogging challenge – someone you miss
- Day 3 blogging challenge – body confidence
- You’ve got this girl
- Judge judge body image judge judge be you
- Why Strictly Come Dancing is the best tv show
- Warm, comforting and the best remedy for chronic pain – the Yuyu bottle
- My dad, my hero
- Scars are individual lines of our own storybook
- One night can change your family
- Jealousy is a horrible trait girls
- Don’t be afraid to leave him
- Why X Factor series 6 was the best
- Proud to be a woman, don’t hate
- 90s little girl memories
As you can see there is a huge range of discussions going on, but if you can check out just one it would be appreciated.
Anyway, as I said I’m a night owl and it’s currently nearly 3am and I’m up at 7am. So talk to you soon and:
Happy New year!! How rude of me not to say happy New year, I hope that you either had a fun filled evening out dancing the night away, or like me you were slumped infront of the tv, drowning in pink gin!
The new year is always a bit weird for me, and I’m sure anyone born between mid December and mid January. You seem to have everything in the space of 2 weeks and it’s just a bit chaotic.
I was meant to be born on Christmas day, however I was slightly late (I was setting myself up for my traits later in life) and was born on the 5th Jan. The number 1 of the type was Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan with the classic “especially for you” – go on have a sing song. With this in mind, being 1989 the year I turned the beautiful age of 30.
A lot of my friends are already 30 and they do say it’s the best years of your life coming up, so I’m trying to see the positive side of it, instead of the impending doom of “you have literally not got your shit together”.
So the day arrives and I’m getting quite a few amazing messages from my friends and family. It’s so lovely to hear what people actually think of you, and they have taken the time to write out a message for you. Which is worth a lot in my eyes. The day itself, I wasn’t expecting much as my family we either do birthdays big or just small family affairs.
Hey beauts, I hope that you had a fab Christmas and I hope that you’re still eating all of the cheese and chocolates, whilst drinking a lot of wine.
I’m currently sat writing this whilst watching Cinderella and looking at my phone every 2 minutes as my best friend is going go have a baby any minute!! I’m so excited.
As the year draws to a close, so does my 20s. This time next week i will be 30. Oh god I feel a little bit sick at the thought of it. So as I’m sat watching a Disney movie, I thought I’d reminisce over this last decade, share my favourite memories and lessons I’ve learnt.
Here we go:
Hey lovely people I hope that you are well.
The other day my lovely friend Jen recommended that I watched the new movie on Netflix, Dumplin. I had seen the trailer when it was first released and I honestly thought that was the movie for me. I’m a sucker for uplifting movies with bigger girls in, for example – hairspray. I then saw in the trailer bloody drag queens. Now if you’ve been following me for some time you will know that I bloody love Ru Paul’s Drag Race, so I couldn’t wait to see it.
One of my fave blog posts! What I like about being female.
The recent women’s marches across the world really made me think about how great women are as a sex and how we fight for and support each other. Now I have already wrote about what like most about men, so don’t say I’m being biased!
I therefore thought I’d put together a collection of what j like about being female.
So, here we go:
View original post 752 more words