I am not a girl who loves shoes, I will put it out there right now. I would rather go around in bare feet or socks all the time. I cannot count the amount of times when I get off the bus (when the ground is dry) and I pass a certain corner and I take my shoes off to walk home. I do have a number of shoes but if I like them I will always buy them cheap and I will buy 2 or 3 pairs. I have 3 pairs of high heeled shoes, 2 are boots like the ones on the top right and the others are strapped high heel about 1 inch and a half. I have had these heels for 5/6 years, they are battered and that reminds me I need to do the heel again, but why would I buy some new shoes and give myself so much pain.
Pain that girls go through on a night out is hell. I go through certain stages and maybe you agree with me:
1. God these shoes look amazing I need to buy them
2. They will go great with that outfit and I cant wait to wear them
3. Wow look at my legs in these heels looking so long!
4. Okay lets get this party started the girls are loving my new shoes
5. I get up and im walking like Bambi, I did not realise how tall I am in these shoes – ooooh I love the sound of the clippy cloppy.
6. Get to the club and start walking and dancing around a bit, feeling very confident in myself and just loving life.
7. More drinks are in and I can feel my toes tightening up, the balls of my feet are starting to get uncomfortable and my god my heels.
8. Okay my legs are now getting sore, the pain from my feet are going up my leg and im starting to tip toe around as I don’t want to apply any pressure. MORE DRINK to relieve the pain!!!!
9. I have now got to the stage where I physically do not want to move anymore and I stand dance.
10. SHOES ARE OFF!!! SHOES ARE OFF!!! now having to balance being pissed, holding my drink, clutch bag under my shoulder and now the shoes. I don’t want to put them on the floor as its dirty.
11. Walking back to the taxi rank with no shoes, looking very shameful and walking like a penguin who’s been walking on hot coals, finally sitting in the taxi trying not to touch my feet.
12. The next morning – FUUUUUUUUUUCK I cannot walk.
Why do girls go through this pain!! Why can’t it be acceptable to wear flats on a night out, god it would be amazing.