As it’s the start of a brand new month the wonderful April, I was thinking as to what has happened within the past 5 years in my life and therefore I was thinking maybe this may be an interesting post to put together and to lift some weight off my shoulders as well. It may not make any sense to you but it makes a lot of sense to me and because it’s my blog that’s how it’s gonna go! haha! 15 points.
1. I passed Uni – I got a BA Hons 2:2 in Marketing with the Entertainment Industry being my desired sector of degree. If you are at Uni now, get as much as experience as you can, take that sandwich year, take that volunteer work do anything. I got a 2:2 and I am finding it so hard to get a job, I can’t get any experience as I got a 2:2 and my job won’t let me volunteer. So if I could go back in time, really knuckle down, don’t be afraid to be a geek and just be so positive.
2. My Nan passed away – she was and she still is my favourite person ever. She made me laugh, cry with tears of laughter, gave the best hugs and she was my mums mum so there will always be that strong connection. She lived 30 minutes away from my Uni so when I had issues with my housemates or exes she took me in for the night. I miss her and think of her every day and night. Hate you cancer. The worst day of my life, I can vividly remember every minute of that day still.
3. My Dad had a brain injury – he fell down a flight of stairs and was close to death, he was in Cardiff where I live in Kent, we received a phone call at 4am in the morning saying we had to get down there now. It took months of hospital visits and rehab visits but he is 90% better now, he will never recover, but I love him.
4. Babies – two of my best friends had babies in the 5 years, 1 of them is now 5 and the other is 2 this year with a sister about to be born this week hopefully and I love them to pieces!!!!
5. House Fire – our tumble dryer set alight and the house was on fire, all of the bottom of the house was completely black. Lost so many possessions and it was just so scary.
6. My Brother – he got into Uni and is loving life right now!
7. My other Nan – at the age of 79 she recovered from cancer and ive never been so prouder of her ever.
8. I changed jobs – I worked in Morrisons for 7 years and I finally changed jobs, not sure if it’s for the better but I got out of there!
9. Lust/Love – I wish that I knew how to control the negative scared feelings towards love otherwise I would be with my best friend right now.
10. Not to be scared – at uni one of my housemates nearly every night for 2 years mentally abused my best friend, she tried to commit suicide on so many occasions. I was there for her but I have become a stronger person now and I hate that man now, if I ever had a relationship like those two… well there wouldn’t be one.
11. Pain – I found out that I had thoracic outlet syndrome, I had the operation in which they cut away muscle to release a blood vessel from the bone and the pain is there still and I am left with 2 scars on my neck which I wore scarves for over 4 months because I hated them so much. I still have a huge collection of scars incase I have down days
12. Car – I passed my driving test first time around with 1 minor – get me!!
13. Cry – I cry at pretty much anything now, I blame certain points above.
14. Friendship – I have definitely began to realise that when you get older you definitely learn who your true friends are. Those friendship groups in schools dont stick together, you wont keep in touch with everyone and of course everyone talks behind each others backs. As long as you have a few selective friends who you know you can trust 100 % that’s all you need. Dont try and get friends to be popular, dont become friends with someone because they look cool, fashionable or say “the right things”, become friends with someone because you truly feel comfortable around them.
15. Family – Family is the most important thing in the world.