Hey beauts, I hope that you had a fab Christmas and I hope that you’re still eating all of the cheese and chocolates, whilst drinking a lot of wine.
I’m currently sat writing this whilst watching Cinderella and looking at my phone every 2 minutes as my best friend is going go have a baby any minute!! I’m so excited.
As the year draws to a close, so does my 20s. This time next week i will be 30. Oh god I feel a little bit sick at the thought of it. So as I’m sat watching a Disney movie, I thought I’d reminisce over this last decade, share my favourite memories and lessons I’ve learnt.
Here we go:
Continue reading “Celebrating my 20s – end of an chapter”
Really strange post for me today and I’ve been putting it off for sometime, as it’s taken me quite a while to process.
Family means everything to me. My family is a small family made up of myself, my brother and my parents. On the one side of the family we are super close and the other side, like most families we simply do not talk. Family to me is not just blood but it’s who is there for you, who is there for you to pick up the pieces when you’re feeling down or when you’re celebrating.
But this post is all about my blood family, especially my nan.
Continue reading “Respect and love – tough post to write.”
Every once in awhile, we just really need to sit back, relax and take our mind elsewhere.
I definitely have those moments and still have them, where I just need to walk away. I do it at work, when I am stressed I take 5 minutes and just stand outside, look up at the sky and remember how minuscule you are in this small world of ours. I think in this quick paced environment we live in nowadays, where anyone can contact you with a press of a button, we do need to take time out for ourselves.
You will see at the top of my blog there is the menu section, if you’re ever feeling this way and just need to chill, hover over the “Chill out zone” link at the top.
What’s in the chill out zone:
Here within this little space of heaven are a number of links that I have found over the years that have really helped me relax. Anxiety attacks are bloody awful, I know. But we only have 1 body, we need to learn to love it more. (If you’re on your mobile, click the menu button on the top and you’ll get the links lovely).
- Quiet place – take a few minutes out, no music, no distractions and just focus on what you can see
- Rainy mood – I freaking love the sound of rain, so this always chills me out
- Do nothing for 2 minutes – what is says on the tin, please just use this if you need a quick fix. But if you don’t do what it says, it’ll take longer, just relax and go with it. It works
- The thoughts room – don’t know what to do with your thoughts, put them here
- Intotime – a relaxing interactive colour website
- Silk – have a play with some interactive silk
- Headspace– a great website and app to help relax and meditate
- Calm – a lovely meditation app which helps you fall asleep
- Emergency compliment – sometimes you just needa pick me up
- Liquid particles – what it says on the tin, go and play
- Stress analyst – see how it can help you!
- Cat noises – meow – for those who feel like they need a cat purring in their life
- Cute overload – hey who doesn’t love looking at cute animals!!!
- Mind UK – a great charity, available for you to talk to
- Young minds – a charity for children and adolescents
- Time to change – a list of mental health organisations that you can talk to
- Headspace – a calm environment where you can listen to chilled out relaxing techniques
- Apps for well-being and mental health – the lovely mind charity have put together a list of wonderful apps for your mobile or tablet for managing your wellbeing and mental health.
I am updating this blog post often, and I try to make sure that they all still work haha!
Go and have a look, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know
If you need to talk, please message me either on here, tweet me @loveyouandthem or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if i help only one person, that’s great.
I found these little quizzes via Google just to ease back in so hopefully I’ll get going again.
Let’s find out about me (when I say us I mean you haha). Oh also my personal challenge this week is to find a gif associated with each answer haha!
Continue reading “25 facts you don’t know about me”
Hey you lovely people, I thought I would write a post about learning about yourself. Learning what you like about yourself, what you stand for and how you can develop as a person.
Someone’s personality can either happen in a single night, a week or over the course of a year. But a lot can happen in a year, and from what you learn you grow . I therefore thought I would take you through the year and maybe you might take on board somethings…
Continue reading “What I have learnt about myself recently.”