Hey hey hey it’s day 3!!
I love the idea of this blog post but I’ve had to really bring down the ideas as to what I can write about lol.
Life is a great thing sometimes but as the song goes “life’s a bit of shit when you look at it”, but this won’t be the angle I go for today. There are so many reasons for looking at life in a positive way so I thought I would just bullet point some of my faves.
So, life would be boring without:
- Friends and family
Standard, but how about “life would be boring without…”:
- The feeling of grass on your bare feet
- The crunch of the first autumn leaf
- The singing birds in the morning
- The smell of rain after a really hot day
- The feeling on that first step into deep snow
- Candy floss
- A child giving you a hug saying they love you
- Stretching out in bed after a long day
- Cute baby pandas and elephants and orangutans or just any small animal
- Dressing gowns
- A good cup of tea and a book
- When you actually wear matching underwear
- Swearing, I can’t imagine it without lol
- A camera to take photos of those perfect moments
- Someone to talk to
- Winning an argument you know you’re right
- That feeling on the loo when you’re pissed and you are like “how did I get here?”
- The first dip in the pool when you’re really hot
- Doing teddy bear rolls in the grass
- Booping a dog’s nose
- Your favourite pair of underwear
- The feeling of how amazing your legs look in high heels
- Variety in languages
- A hot water bottle on a cold day
- Finding the perfect lipstick
- Freshly shaved legs on bed sheets lol!!
- A hot man/woman walking past with the most amazing perfume/aftershave
- Passion for something you love
- Running away from the waves on the beach
- Fun fair rides such as rollercoasters
- Trying something new for the first time
That’s only some of my list, what do you think I have missed out?
Day 2 of the blogging challenge and I just want to say thanks for all of the love of my first post.
I’m writing this post the night before as tomorrow will be super busy for me. Tomorrow I am going to my Uni town to walk about and hopefully surprise my nan (if I have enough money!!).
Anyway back to the post, the future, it’s super scary right. I am definitely the type of person who likes to live in the past and the future scares the shit out of me. It scares me to the point where sometimes I don’t want to do something, in case it fucks up things in my life where I am comfortable. Does anyone else get like that?
I’m trying to get through these thoughts and think positively, so, what I am looking forward to in the future (I hope) are:
- I look forward to living in my own place
- I look forward to being a mum (If I can)
- I look forward to having my own car
- I look forward to being as happy as I can
- I look forward to growing older with my best friends and making more memories
- I look forward to seeing my best friends children grow and see who they become
- I look forward to finding someone who will love me
- I look forward to changing my outlook on the future
- I look forward to more happy years with my family
What do you look forward to in the future? Are you the type to constantly look to the past? Why are we so scared of the future… is it just the unknown? Would you want to know what the future may bring?
Hi future me, it’s past me here.
I’ve come across this idea of writing you a little letter/ post to give you some thoughts and ideas for future you.
Next year you will be 30, if previous past me (you know the stubborn teenage me) could see you now, she would definitely be like:
- Why haven’t you moved out?
- Why do you not have enough savings?
- Why are you not married by now?
She would be flipping out. Now, I don’t know how things will be between now and next year one of those may happen, well to be honest only one of those things could happen. So, how about we write down some points to see whether you can tick off some of them:
- Be happy with yourself
- Be happy in your job
- Be comfortable with your body
- Be more confident with dating, you can be loved
- Save money regularly, it’ll be worth it
- Know your worth
- Stop buying unnecessary things
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Stand up for yourself
- Say no more
- Say yes in the right circumstances, especially if you feel comfortable
- Visit Glasgow
- Say I love you more, especially to your Nan she isn’t very well at the moment
- Be open
- Learn more German
- Find a new hobby or learn more makeup skills
Remember it doesn’t matter if you don’t have the following:
- A flat
- A car
- Thousands of pounds in the bank
- A child
- A relationship
As long as you have those who you love around you, you’re set.
Its a long list I know future me, but hopefully you can tick off at least half of them!!
You’ve got this shit. I believe in you.
Hello lovelies I hope that you are all enjoying the sunshine that was not intentional!, but seriously it’s lovely weather isn’t it!
The other week, gosh I am slow I know, I got lovingly tagged in a tweet by the fabulous Holly for this brilliant positive ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’, to celebrate positivity and happiness in a world where there is so much negativity.
I highly recommend you taking a look at Holly’s blog, she’s new to the blogging game so please go and give her a follow. Her blog is great, full of witty comments, useful advice and of course positivity.
Also, I freaking loved and I laughedat Holly’s description of my blog, as it’s so incredibly true “she writes as fast as I think and everything is pink” hahaha so true, I do not edit or plan my posts, I simply go with what comes out.
Continue reading “Sunshine Blogger Award”
Where I live we have a number of events throughout the spring summer seasons which celebrate living in Kent.
Rochester is known for its various festivals; sweeps, dickens, the Santa run just to make a few!
A few weeks ago we took my Nan on a day out to the sweeps festival. The sweeps festival is an annual tradition full of music, dancing (Morris dancing especially!), family friendly fun and the odd costume and psychic/witches.
Here’s just a few photos from that day. Ps how adorable is my fan!!!
Continue reading “A sunny day out”
I don’t know whether it’s me or just my age (oh god I went there), but I really am in no rush.
So many of my friends seem to be in a rush to either:
- Get married
- Have babies
- Buy houses
- Have the perfect life
- The best job
Continue reading “Just chill le fuck out”
Really strange post for me today and I’ve been putting it off for sometime, as it’s taken me quite a while to process.
Family means everything to me. My family is a small family made up of myself, my brother and my parents. On the one side of the family we are super close and the other side, like most families we simply do not talk. Family to me is not just blood but it’s who is there for you, who is there for you to pick up the pieces when you’re feeling down or when you’re celebrating.
But this post is all about my blood family, especially my nan.
Continue reading “Respect and love – tough post to write.”
Every once in awhile, we just really need to sit back, relax and take our mind elsewhere.
I definitely have those moments and still have them, where I just need to walk away. I do it at work, when I am stressed I take 5 minutes and just stand outside, look up at the sky and remember how minuscule you are in this small world of ours. I think in this quick paced environment we live in nowadays, where anyone can contact you with a press of a button, we do need to take time out for ourselves.
You will see at the top of my blog there is the menu section, if you’re ever feeling this way and just need to chill, hover over the “Chill out zone” link at the top.
What’s in the chill out zone:
Here within this little space of heaven are a number of links that I have found over the years that have really helped me relax. Anxiety attacks are bloody awful, I know. But we only have 1 body, we need to learn to love it more. (If you’re on your mobile, click the menu button on the top and you’ll get the links lovely).
- Quiet place – take a few minutes out, no music, no distractions and just focus on what you can see
- Rainy mood – I freaking love the sound of rain, so this always chills me out
- Do nothing for 2 minutes – what is says on the tin, please just use this if you need a quick fix. But if you don’t do what it says, it’ll take longer, just relax and go with it. It works
- The thoughts room – don’t know what to do with your thoughts, put them here
- Intotime – a relaxing interactive colour website
- Silk – have a play with some interactive silk
- Headspace– a great website and app to help relax and meditate
- Calm – a lovely meditation app which helps you fall asleep
- Emergency compliment – sometimes you just needa pick me up
- Liquid particles – what it says on the tin, go and play
- Stress analyst – see how it can help you!
- Cat noises – meow – for those who feel like they need a cat purring in their life
- Cute overload – hey who doesn’t love looking at cute animals!!!
- Mind UK – a great charity, available for you to talk to
- Young minds – a charity for children and adolescents
- Time to change – a list of mental health organisations that you can talk to
- Headspace – a calm environment where you can listen to chilled out relaxing techniques
- Apps for well-being and mental health – the lovely mind charity have put together a list of wonderful apps for your mobile or tablet for managing your wellbeing and mental health.
I am updating this blog post often, and I try to make sure that they all still work haha!
Go and have a look, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know
If you need to talk, please message me either on here, tweet me @loveyouandthem or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if i help only one person, that’s great.
I found these little quizzes via Google just to ease back in so hopefully I’ll get going again.
Let’s find out about me (when I say us I mean you haha). Oh also my personal challenge this week is to find a gif associated with each answer haha!
Continue reading “25 facts you don’t know about me”
Happy New Year to you all, I hope that you had the most wonderful night, whether you were partying away in the local pub/club, slumping it up or …. tbh what else is there haha.
Last year my new years resolution was to have more glitter in my life, and I truly think that I succeeded. So, this year I’m taking the bull by the horns and going one step further where I will blog at least once a week. Fingers crossed!!
Anyway back to this post. I first did this 40 beauty question tag post 4 years ago and for some reason this blog post has become popular again, and I thought I would do it again as of course tastes change. I have changed some questions as makeup has changed in for years, so here we go:
Continue reading “40 beauty question tag (revisited)”