Guess what I am going to blogging a lot over the next and I am not ready for it.
Over the past month I have been answering a question about myself daily, and I had the idea to turn and expand this into a blog post… or two lol. Also anything that is going to make me blog more often, is a good thing!
So, over the next month prepare to see more of me… sorry, not sorry.
The blog posts
Day 1 – are you happy?
Day 2 – what do you look forward to in the future?
Day 3 – life is boring without…
I have a lot of thoughts going on in my head at the moment and I just can’t seem to shift them. So I’m going back to basics, as to why I first started writing this blog… counselling.
Just some bullet points for myself:
- It will come
- There will be karma
- They’re just lost
- He is an absolute bastard
- She is strong
- You’ll be okay
- Look for what you find happiness in
- Trust your voice
- Stop pressuring yourself
- Knock out of this downness you have at the moment
- Plan your break
- Stop wondering what if
Hi future me, it’s past me here.
I’ve come across this idea of writing you a little letter/ post to give you some thoughts and ideas for future you.
Next year you will be 30, if previous past me (you know the stubborn teenage me) could see you now, she would definitely be like:
- Why haven’t you moved out?
- Why do you not have enough savings?
- Why are you not married by now?
She would be flipping out. Now, I don’t know how things will be between now and next year one of those may happen, well to be honest only one of those things could happen. So, how about we write down some points to see whether you can tick off some of them:
- Be happy with yourself
- Be happy in your job
- Be comfortable with your body
- Be more confident with dating, you can be loved
- Save money regularly, it’ll be worth it
- Know your worth
- Stop buying unnecessary things
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Stand up for yourself
- Say no more
- Say yes in the right circumstances, especially if you feel comfortable
- Visit Glasgow
- Say I love you more, especially to your Nan she isn’t very well at the moment
- Be open
- Learn more German
- Find a new hobby or learn more makeup skills
Remember it doesn’t matter if you don’t have the following:
- A flat
- A car
- Thousands of pounds in the bank
- A child
- A relationship
As long as you have those who you love around you, you’re set.
Its a long list I know future me, but hopefully you can tick off at least half of them!!
You’ve got this shit. I believe in you.
We all sleep in different patterns, positions, times and all have different movements throughout your sleep, some may wake up with the slightest noise and others have heavy sleepers, but what if you couldn’t move if you heard or noise or you thought someone was in the room with you. That’s what I have had a number of times in my life.
I have done a bit of research and found that it is linked with sleep paralysis, and dear god do not google the images as its rather scary stuff – well especially if you don’t like horror movies!! Continue reading “Sleep paralysis – scary stuff”
I don’t know whether it’s me or just my age (oh god I went there), but I really am in no rush.
So many of my friends seem to be in a rush to either:
- Get married
- Have babies
- Buy houses
- Have the perfect life
- The best job
Continue reading “Just chill le fuck out”
Every once in awhile, we just really need to sit back, relax and take our mind elsewhere.
I definitely have those moments and still have them, where I just need to walk away. I do it at work, when I am stressed I take 5 minutes and just stand outside, look up at the sky and remember how minuscule you are in this small world of ours. I think in this quick paced environment we live in nowadays, where anyone can contact you with a press of a button, we do need to take time out for ourselves.
You will see at the top of my blog there is the menu section, if you’re ever feeling this way and just need to chill, hover over the “Chill out zone” link at the top.
What’s in the chill out zone:
Here within this little space of heaven are a number of links that I have found over the years that have really helped me relax. Anxiety attacks are bloody awful, I know. But we only have 1 body, we need to learn to love it more. (If you’re on your mobile, click the menu button on the top and you’ll get the links lovely).
- Quiet place – take a few minutes out, no music, no distractions and just focus on what you can see
- Rainy mood – I freaking love the sound of rain, so this always chills me out
- Do nothing for 2 minutes – what is says on the tin, please just use this if you need a quick fix. But if you don’t do what it says, it’ll take longer, just relax and go with it. It works
- The thoughts room – don’t know what to do with your thoughts, put them here
- Intotime – a relaxing interactive colour website
- Silk – have a play with some interactive silk
- Headspace– a great website and app to help relax and meditate
- Calm – a lovely meditation app which helps you fall asleep
- Emergency compliment – sometimes you just needa pick me up
- Liquid particles – what it says on the tin, go and play
- Stress analyst – see how it can help you!
- Cat noises – meow – for those who feel like they need a cat purring in their life
- Cute overload – hey who doesn’t love looking at cute animals!!!
- Mind UK – a great charity, available for you to talk to
- Young minds – a charity for children and adolescents
- Time to change – a list of mental health organisations that you can talk to
- Headspace – a calm environment where you can listen to chilled out relaxing techniques
- Apps for well-being and mental health – the lovely mind charity have put together a list of wonderful apps for your mobile or tablet for managing your wellbeing and mental health.
I am updating this blog post often, and I try to make sure that they all still work haha!
Go and have a look, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know
If you need to talk, please message me either on here, tweet me @loveyouandthem or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if i help only one person, that’s great.
Hello people! I hope that you are well 🙃👍
Today is the 7th anniversary of my beautiful Nan’s passing and I just wanted to write a quick blog post to talk about her and my thoughts about grandparents.
Grandparents are super special aren’t they? They’re the ones that brought your parents to this world, they the ones that raised your parents with lots of love. They’re the ones that pick up the pieces when your parents need 5 minutes, and they’re the ones that give you treats when your parents say no and give the best hugs.
Continue reading “Love your grandparents, they’ll always love you”
Happy New Year to you all, I hope that you had the most wonderful night, whether you were partying away in the local pub/club, slumping it up or …. tbh what else is there haha.
Last year my new years resolution was to have more glitter in my life, and I truly think that I succeeded. So, this year I’m taking the bull by the horns and going one step further where I will blog at least once a week. Fingers crossed!!
Anyway back to this post. I first did this 40 beauty question tag post 4 years ago and for some reason this blog post has become popular again, and I thought I would do it again as of course tastes change. I have changed some questions as makeup has changed in for years, so here we go:
Continue reading “40 beauty question tag (revisited)”