Well this is a bit different isn’t it?
fyi, this is a super long post… im sorry but also not.
As you may or may not know the past few months in my life have been a bit, bonkers shall we say. It seems that in my life, things happen in a pattern where I have a day of absolute hell, then 3 days later something positive happens.
For example, in 2011 we were on holiday and we received a phone call to state that my lovely Grandad had passed, and 3 days later I got into uni and got the grades I had to get! This year, it unfortunately happened again – my Nan passed away and I got a call I never thought I would receive, from the BBC…
Continue reading “One tweet can change everything.”
It’s that time of year again, the awkward stage between Autumn and Winter season and what is a girl to do?
Around this time of year is where all the girlies and of course some lovely boys get out their extra thick woolly jumpers, their gorgeous new coats, hats, scarves and gloves and pretend to look so glamorous yet not look cold and very hot at the same time. So I thought I would put together some of the essentials which I always have around this time of year, with of course some new additions.
Continue reading “Autumn, my love”
Hi my lovelies, I hope that you are well…
I seem to have come full circle as to the purpose of this blog. I first started it many years ago, as I was going through counselling to help me with my grieving of my lovely Nan. I didn’t know what to do with my emotions and how to speak with people, but ever since having this blog and a bit of anonymity via my twitter, I have been able to speak my mind. Now, whether you listen or not is another thing but in my head you are all helping me.
For nearly 1 year now, my lovely other Nan has been deeply unwell with cancer and she took the decision a few months back to state that she did not want any help, and we had to learn to respect that decision – you can read my thoughts about this here – so in my head I have been grieving for sometime now.
Continue reading “I wasn’t ever ready to say goodbye”
Sorry I’ve been so quiet on here lately. It’s not that I’ve had nothing to say, quite the opposite. I just havent had the oomph to do it.
I know that this blog post is incredibly similar to my last post but I’m getting there. I thought I’d give you a quick bullet point list of what’s been going on:
- Mum came out of hospital after nearly being paralysed
- My nan doesnt want to live anymore and has terminal cancer (huge thank you to all of those who tweeted me help groups)
- My gorgeous best friends little ones are growing up and I’m loving spending time with them
- Finally went out on a night out in over 1 year. Never felt so old.
- Found out whatever bite me in the leg in November last year has scarred my leg.
- Declined the opportunity to go for a job interview for a higher job role
- Having a lot of self confidence issues and really not feeling it.
- Trying online dating again but the above bullet point is really affecting it.
- Making happy memories with those who I love
- I’m really trying to learn German again and I’ve learnt that I don’t like to speak it but read and writing is fine!! Yay.
The bullet points above I know are slightly negative, but I’m getting there.
So heres a positive picture for me to focus on:
Cat – you felt amazing here and you look good.
Hope everyone is ok 💋