Hi my lovelies, I hope that you are well…
I seem to have come full circle as to the purpose of this blog. I first started it many years ago, as I was going through counselling to help me with my grieving of my lovely Nan. I didn’t know what to do with my emotions and how to speak with people, but ever since having this blog and a bit of anonymity via my twitter, I have been able to speak my mind. Now, whether you listen or not is another thing but in my head you are all helping me.
For nearly 1 year now, my lovely other Nan has been deeply unwell with cancer and she took the decision a few months back to state that she did not want any help, and we had to learn to respect that decision – you can read my thoughts about this here – so in my head I have been grieving for sometime now.
Continue reading “I wasn’t ever ready to say goodbye”
Sorry I’ve been so quiet on here lately. It’s not that I’ve had nothing to say, quite the opposite. I just havent had the oomph to do it.
I know that this blog post is incredibly similar to my last post but I’m getting there. I thought I’d give you a quick bullet point list of what’s been going on:
- Mum came out of hospital after nearly being paralysed
- My nan doesnt want to live anymore and has terminal cancer (huge thank you to all of those who tweeted me help groups)
- My gorgeous best friends little ones are growing up and I’m loving spending time with them
- Finally went out on a night out in over 1 year. Never felt so old.
- Found out whatever bite me in the leg in November last year has scarred my leg.
- Declined the opportunity to go for a job interview for a higher job role
- Having a lot of self confidence issues and really not feeling it.
- Trying online dating again but the above bullet point is really affecting it.
- Making happy memories with those who I love
- I’m really trying to learn German again and I’ve learnt that I don’t like to speak it but read and writing is fine!! Yay.
The bullet points above I know are slightly negative, but I’m getting there.
So heres a positive picture for me to focus on:
Cat – you felt amazing here and you look good.
Hope everyone is ok 💋
I thought I haven’t done a post in a while for those who have yet to get to know me, new followers and those who are passing by. So hello, hallo, bonjour, ola, etc (to be honest that’s as far as my language skills go!).
My name is Cat, what’s yours?
- anything highlighted is a link to a blog post of mine 💜
Here are some facts about me:
- I live in the UK
- I started this blog post to overcome some emotional issues I was faced with
- I try to see the positive in everything
- I really try to not judge others from other people’s opinions (even wrote a post about it!)
- I’m a bit of a night owl, so you’ll probably see me more prominent online late at night
- I’ve just turned 30 this year (2019) and it’s all a bit new but we will see where the year takes me
- For my job, I write online content and I’m quite strict with what I write, how I write and how words are perceived. On my blog, all of that goes out of the window
- I don’t plan my posts, I don’t read through them, I simply write how I feel and post
- I have a chill out zone on my blog, which focuses on mental health
- I will never mention any of my friends names on here, as this is my safe haven
- I have a few chronic illnesses and sometimes I like to blog about them
- My blog is pretty random, it’s usually my thoughts but sometimes I do reviews
- This lovely blog also once got featured on a clothing website and got quite a bit popular. Woke up one morning and I was like wtf has just happened to my views!!!
- I also appear on a fashion site currently for my favourite hot water bottle. Sounds strange but trust me it’s a good thing lol
- Finally, this blog is 5 years old. Have a read of my 5 year anniversary post.
- Film(s) – gosh there are quite a few, but if I had to choose it would be; The Grand Budapest Hotel, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Burlesque, Crazy Stupid Love and Chicago.
- Music – I love, George Ezra, Sam Smith (did you know Jessie Ware liked this post!!), Jessie Ware (not even saying that because of the last comment), Blue will always be my first loves, Spice Girls, Jack Garrett and Adele
- Tv – without a doubt my fave is Ru Paul’s Drag Race, then the amazing Taskmaster, I love a good crime and murder show, Sex and the city and Green Wing and Strictly come dancing
- Colour – emerald
- Number – 6
- My loves – family, friends, music, film, makeup, stationery
Love you and them
As I said, I made this blog 5 years ago to help with some counselling and it’s grown since there. I’ve now got Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram accounts associated with my online world.
Find out why my blog is called loveyouandthem.
Follow me on social media
Instagram – Instagram.com/loveyouandthem
Twitter – Twitter.com/loveyouandthem
Pinterest – pinterest.co.uk/loveyouandthem_
*that’s me and you getting on haha!
My favourite blog posts
I thought I’d rather a list of my fave posts I’ve done so far. They are in no order, and these are only a selection lol don’t expect you to read them all (although that would be nice – but a title may tickle your fancy):
As you can see there is a huge range of discussions going on, but if you can check out just one it would be appreciated.
Anyway, as I said I’m a night owl and it’s currently nearly 3am and I’m up at 7am. So talk to you soon and:
Hey beauts, I hope that you had a fab Christmas and I hope that you’re still eating all of the cheese and chocolates, whilst drinking a lot of wine.
I’m currently sat writing this whilst watching Cinderella and looking at my phone every 2 minutes as my best friend is going go have a baby any minute!! I’m so excited.
As the year draws to a close, so does my 20s. This time next week i will be 30. Oh god I feel a little bit sick at the thought of it. So as I’m sat watching a Disney movie, I thought I’d reminisce over this last decade, share my favourite memories and lessons I’ve learnt.
Here we go:
Continue reading “Celebrating my 20s – end of an chapter”