Every once in awhile, we just really need to sit back, relax and take our mind elsewhere.
I definitely have those moments and still have them, where I just need to walk away. I do it at work, when I am stressed I take 5 minutes and just stand outside, look up at the sky and remember how minuscule you are in this small world of ours. I think in this quick paced environment we live in nowadays, where anyone can contact you with a press of a button, we do need to take time out for ourselves, we need a break.
You will see at the top of my blog there is the menu section, if you’re ever feeling this way and just need to chill, hover over the “Chill out zone” link at the top.
What’s in the chill out zone:
Here within this little space of heaven (well I think it is) are a number of links that I have found over the years that have really helped me relax. Anxiety attacks are bloody awful, I know, I’ve had quite a few!
But we only have 1 body, we need to learn to love it more. We need go learn to know what our body is telling us, what we need and how we should help it physically, emotionally and mentally
(If you’re on your mobile, click the menu button on the top and you’ll get the links lovely).
- Rainy mood – I freaking love the sound of rain, so this always chills me out
- Do nothing for 2 minutes – what is says on the tin, please just use this if you need a quick fix. But if you don’t do what it says, it’ll take longer, just relax and go with it. It works
- The thoughts room – don’t know what to do with your thoughts, put them here
- Intotime – a relaxing interactive colour website
- Silk – have a play with some interactive silk
- Headspace– a great website and app to help relax and meditate
- Calm – a lovely meditation app which helps you fall asleep
- Emergency compliment – sometimes you just needa pick me up
- Liquid particles – what it says on the tin, go and play
- Stress analyst – see how it can help you!
- Cat noises – meow – for those who feel like they need a cat purring in their life
- Puppy cam – how about watching some super cute puppies live on cam? Or other animals, whatever takes your fancy!
- Coffitivity – if you love the idea of being in a coffee shop surrounded by the hubbub, but really do not want to leave the house – this is the website for you
- Heads Together – a charity set up by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (William and Kate) to help those in the UK
- Mind UK – a great charity, available for you to talk to
- Young minds – a charity for children and adolescents
- Time to change – a list of mental health organisations that you can talk to
- Apps for well-being and mental health – the lovely mind charity have put together a list of wonderful apps for your mobile or tablet for managing your well-being and mental health
- NHS approved well-being and mental health apps – here are some great apps for those who are on the move
- Podcasts for your mental health – a collection of podcasts which you can listen to, to help with any of your feelings.
I am updating this blog post often, and I try to make sure that all of the links still work.
Go and have a look, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know