No flower today, I apologise readers just blame my lack of Funds until Wednesday. This post today is more about what I am thinking and feeling, I tend to be someone who does not express emotions enough and when someone likes me I block them out and I instantly regret it. I hate the way I become and I don’t know how to change it, I have tried. I therefore thought I would offload for my own saneness really as well as if anyone else as been in this position. Please bare with me (by the way is it bear with me, or bare with me)……
This life is what you make it. No matter what you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is, you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends, they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up; because if you give up, you’ll never find your soul mate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole. And that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean that you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself. Because if you don’t, then who will sweetie? So. Keep your head high. Keep your chin up. And most importantly keep smiling. Because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
So I came across this lovely little tag on http://oddsandsodz.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-fairy-tale-tag.html and I thought it was a really cute idea and therefore I thought I would give it a go 🙂
I absolutely love Disney and if you haven’t seen Frozen yet….. why haven’t you? You mad fool.
As it’s the start of a brand new month the wonderful April, I was thinking as to what has happened within the past 5 years in my life and therefore I was thinking maybe this may be an interesting post to put together and to lift some weight off my shoulders as well. It may not make any sense to you but it makes a lot of sense to me and because it’s my blog that’s how it’s gonna go! haha! 15 points.
1. I passed Uni – I got a BA Hons 2:2 in Marketing with the Entertainment Industry being my desired sector of degree. If you are at Uni now, get as much as experience as you can, take that sandwich year, take that volunteer work do anything. I got a 2:2 and I am finding it so hard to get a job, I can’t get any experience as I got a 2:2 and my job won’t let me volunteer. So if I could go back in time, really knuckle down, don’t be afraid to be a geek and just be so positive.
2. My Nan passed away – she was and she still is my favourite person ever. She made me laugh, cry with tears of laughter, gave the best hugs and she was my mums mum so there will always be that strong connection. She lived 30 minutes away from my Uni so when I had issues with my housemates or exes she took me in for the night. I miss her and think of her every day and night. Hate you cancer. The worst day of my life, I can vividly remember every minute of that day still.
3. My Dad had a brain injury – he fell down a flight of stairs and was close to death, he was in Cardiff where I live in Kent, we received a phone call at 4am in the morning saying we had to get down there now. It took months of hospital visits and rehab visits but he is 90% better now, he will never recover, but I love him.
4. Babies – two of my best friends had babies in the 5 years, 1 of them is now 5 and the other is 2 this year with a sister about to be born this week hopefully and I love them to pieces!!!!
5. House Fire – our tumble dryer set alight and the house was on fire, all of the bottom of the house was completely black. Lost so many possessions and it was just so scary.
6. My Brother – he got into Uni and is loving life right now!
7. My other Nan – at the age of 79 she recovered from cancer and ive never been so prouder of her ever.
8. I changed jobs – I worked in Morrisons for 7 years and I finally changed jobs, not sure if it’s for the better but I got out of there!
9. Lust/Love – I wish that I knew how to control the negative scared feelings towards love otherwise I would be with my best friend right now.
10. Not to be scared – at uni one of my housemates nearly every night for 2 years mentally abused my best friend, she tried to commit suicide on so many occasions. I was there for her but I have become a stronger person now and I hate that man now, if I ever had a relationship like those two… well there wouldn’t be one.
11. Pain – I found out that I had thoracic outlet syndrome, I had the operation in which they cut away muscle to release a blood vessel from the bone and the pain is there still and I am left with 2 scars on my neck which I wore scarves for over 4 months because I hated them so much. I still have a huge collection of scars incase I have down days
12. Car – I passed my driving test first time around with 1 minor – get me!!
13. Cry – I cry at pretty much anything now, I blame certain points above.
14. Friendship – I have definitely began to realise that when you get older you definitely learn who your true friends are. Those friendship groups in schools dont stick together, you wont keep in touch with everyone and of course everyone talks behind each others backs. As long as you have a few selective friends who you know you can trust 100 % that’s all you need. Dont try and get friends to be popular, dont become friends with someone because they look cool, fashionable or say “the right things”, become friends with someone because you truly feel comfortable around them.
15. Family – Family is the most important thing in the world.
As Facebook is 10 years old, I thought I would post about my most annoying thing I see on a day to day basis – babies on my news feed. Some of my closest friends have babies and I adore them, I get sent photos of them and these friends do not post photos on Facebook so I really appreciate them when I do get them.
But we have a generation at the moment where of course there is the first status of “we’re expecting!!!” and then it starts…………. the first photo of the scan in which I cannot make out a thing. What happened to keeping things like that private, why do you need to share it with EVERYONE? I mean some of these profiles are still on global setting, so it is literally everyone looking at the inside of your stomach.
Then comes all the baby clothes photos, the app game which shows you how long they have got left and what stage the baby is at – have you heard of a privacy setting called “family or just certain people”.
Woohoo your baby bump has grown and the next stage is the next baby photo, this time I can see the baby and sometimes its a funny photo where the baby is pulling a pose etc. I would often like this photo if for example some of my friends have had a hard time conceiving, so of course I am bloody delighted for them.
AAAAAH the baby is coming, here comes the countdown – the app is going more and more on my newsfeed. Finally the baby is here.
But it doesn’t stop there, the photos of when the baby is born, how exhausted the mother looks just after giving birth and the baby from ALL angles are shown in over an album of 50.
Then comes the cute clothes which the baby wears for weeks/months on after that, videos of them staring into a camera and finally the baby “posts” comments “thanks auntie…. for the present” – no no no lol!
What happened to privacy, what happened to cute little photo albums, what happened to showing your grandparents things your baby does before showing strangers?